Monday, March 19, 2007

MMA Show In Beijing, March 31st

I'm so pumped to go see my first Art of War fighting championship, May 31st here in Beijing.

I've been training with some of the fighters in the upcoming show, and they are just beasts. Two of the guys cut to 155 and the "big guy" weighs 186 now and could definitely cut to 170, and they're all stronger, faster, and more athletic than me. Overall, jiujitsu is their weak point since they come from wrestling and San Da backgrounds, but against the competition in China, Jiujitsu is their biggest advantage.

It'll be fun to see what kind of production the show has and what the competition looks like. Someday I'll be saying "I was there when MMA just started in China" and some 8 foot Chinese dude from Qing Hai will be wreaking havoc in the UFC superheavyweight division.

No comments: