Thursday, March 22, 2007

Silva/Marquardt + Ortiz/Evans

I'm pretty excited about these matchups. Silva VS Marquardt has the potential to be a boring decision, but it could easily be the fight of the night. I think Marquardt knows that as the champ Silva will have an advantage going into a decision, and he can probably out-point Marquardt on the feet, so I think Nate will have to push the action and really go for a submission. Silva by TKO in the 4th.

Tito is definitely the biggest test Rashad has had so far, and I think it will come down to Rashad's mental development as a fighter - Tito has a lot more experience and he might be able to frustrate Rashad as the fight progresses. That said, I think Rashad is a better wrestler, and a more explosive athelete. I expect him to put Tito on his back several times during the fight. I'm not sure how things will develop on the feet. Tito looked much better standing the second time against Chuck, and while it wasn't enough to stop the Iceman, it may work better against Evans. Rashad by unanimous decision.

No comments: